Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

The day before Halloween I found out I didn't get accepted into the nursing program at BYU. So Halloween wasn't so much fun this year. I was trying to be happy for the kids, but I was sort of dead inside. It's strange how 2 years of trying to achieve your ultimate goal can be flushed down the toilet in an instant. But there's still a little bit of hope for the future. I can apply one more time for spring semester and hopefully get in then. If not, it's on to other universities. I've decided not to give up even if it takes me 10 more years. By then, I guess I should have been a doctor!

Halloween was still fun for the kids and Megan loved wearning her pirate outfit all day while we went shopping. That night we got all the kids ready and put Josh's tiger suit on and he instantly tore it off screaming his lungs out. So he went as a normal kid to a few houses then was too bored. He didn't care much about trick or treating like I thought he would. Rick dressed as a pirate and looked absolutely great! He took the kids around the neighborhood and we went home early because of the rain. So not too much candy this year, woo hoo! I hate having a lifetime of sugar at their fingertips. It's too tempting for me to sneak it too. After the trick or treating we left to my friend Kristin's house where the kids played and watched a movie while we talked and laughed for the rest of the night. It was nice to get my mind off of the nursing thing. My friends in my lunch group were sad for me but excited that I'll be able to still meet with them for another few months. I guess everything happens for a reason!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure you will get in next time. Otherwise, like you said...there are other universitites. Sounds like your kids had a fun Halloween though. Good job!!!

Melissa said...

Sorry about BYU that sucks!! Best of luck to you. Your halloween costumes look so cute. All your kids are so big.